Hong Kong Beer Co is looking for a high-calibre person to join our brew team in Hong Kong.
The position of senior brewer involves overseeing the production of various craft beer styles from raw materials to packaging in accordance with standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate will collaborate with and report to our head brewer, Phillip Rankmore, join an exceptional team of brewers and quality assurance professionals, receive extensive in-person and online training and professional development opportunities, work closely with brewery management, and coordinate with our logistics teams to meet distribution schedules.
● Wort production on 3-vessel 25hl automated brewhouse
● Operate cellar equipment including cellar control system, centrifuge, pasteuriser, water deaeration system, and carbonation equipment
● Adhere to established recipes, quality assurance processes and SOPs
● Collaborate on recipe development for limited release beers
● Fermentation and cellar management, including CIPs, sanitation, managing fermentation schedules, yeast harvesting, dry hopping, and ingredient addition
● Keep paper and digital logs of brewing operations
● Supervise packaging into kegs, bottles and cans, ensuring the highest product quality
● Manage stores of ingredients and brewing supplies
● Assist with maintenance and preventive maintenance of all brewing equipment
● Adhere to safety standards at all times
● Five years or more in a professional brewing role or comparable production environment
● Formal education in brewing science or related fields will be highly regarded
● Solid experience managing employees and working as part of a high-functioning team
For candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to [email protected]